We’ve got hurricane season, EPA updates, and new community members in our June town hall with THEA’s CEO, Jackie Medcalf.
5TH WARD UPDATE (2:05)
- Partnering with local community members.
- A new report from DSHS re: 5th Ward Cancer Cluster.
- 5th Ward Community: Please take our Community Health Survey
JONES ROAD GROUNDWATER PLUME (8:40)
- Updates from EPA shows elevated PERC in groundwater.
- Sub-Slab testing done in January of 2020 – show’s multiple orders of magnitude of reductions in vapors. Remediation is moving in the right direction!
- Victory!! EPA to offer ANOTHER round of private groundwater well sampling in June of 2020
FREE GROUNDWATER TESTING MONTH OF JUNE FOR JONES ROAD SUPERFUND SITE NEIGHBORS.
Remedial Project Manager
Raji Josiam | Direct: 214-665-8529
Community Involvement Coordinator
Jason McKinney (214) 665-8132
SAN JACINTO RIVER WASTE PITS (15:48)
- We are awaiting information re: 30% design reports
- Thank you, active community members, your voice is invaluable!
For other Superfund news click here.