Thank you for staying engaged about the environment in our region.
This month’s Town Hall includes important updates about the San Jacinto River Waste Pits Superfund Site, the Jones Road Groundwater Plume Superfund Site and information regarding public health reporting and the creosote contamination in Houston’s Greater Fifth Ward. Watch the town hall video to hear these important updates.
SAN JACINTO RIVER WASTE PITS SUPERFUND SITE
- Important findings from 30,000+ pages of design documents
- Concerns for northern impoundment, southern impoundment, sand separation area, and waste classification
JONES ROAD GROUNDWATER PLUME SUPERFUND SITE
- Call to action for environmental sampling
GREATER 5TH WARD
- Updates on sampling and ask to Texas Department of State Health Services
REMEDIAL DESIGN UPDATE: SAN JACINTO WASTE PITS
- San Jacinto River Community Meeting
- September Town HALL
- Cleanup of San Jacinto River hazardous waste pits delayed
- ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT: Cleanup Of San Jacinto River Waste Pits Now Estimated To Take 7 Years
- Texas Monthly: Why One Expert Predicts a Major Hurricane Hitting Houston Would Be “America’s Chernobyl.”